Abortion Information and Facts
At White Oak Women’s Center, we believe in the importance of helping women understand their bodies and giving women all the facts and abortion information they need to make informed decisions. We offer free consultations to guide women through pregnancies, abortion information, and all their viable options.
Before deciding what to do with your pregnancy, we encourage you to find the answers to these questions in order to have the right information about your pregnancy and abortion information to help you figure out the option that is right for you:
- Is the pregnancy viable?
A positive pregnancy test is not necessarily the end of the story. In fact, one in five pregnancies end before 7 weeks due to natural processes beyond a woman’s control, such as miscarriage. Before making a decision about your pregnancy or abortion options, you should first be sure that the pregnancy is viable. 1 You may find out that an abortion is not needed.
- How far along am I?
The gestational age determines which abortion procedures you may undergo and give your information about your abortion options. The type of procedure impacts the cost of the pregnancy termination and the potential side effects. Gestational age can most accurately be determined through an ultrasound.
- Do I have an STI?
An untreated STI (sexually transmitted infection) jeopardizes a woman’s health by increasing her risk of infection and complications related to reproductive health. Having an STI can affect your abortion options. Before seeking abortion information, find out whether or not you have an STI. 2
Are you considering having an abortion, or would you like more information about your abortion options? Schedule an appointment for a free Pre-Termination Evaluation at White Oak Women’s Center to learn valuable and unbiased abortion information. We are here to help you through your unplanned pregnancy.
More Information about Abortion
- What is Abortion
- The Abortion Pill – First Trimester, before 10 weeks
- First Trimester Surgical Abortion – 6 to 12 weeks
- Second Trimester Surgical Abortion – 13 weeks to point of viability
- Abortion Risks and Side Effects
- Abortion Costs
- After Abortion Care
- IL Abortion Law
- National Institutes of Health (2014). Miscarriage. Retrieved from http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001488.htm; Wilcox AJ, Weinberg CR, O’Connor JF, Baird DD, Schlatterer JP, Canfield RD (1988). Incidence of early loss of pregnancy. N Engl J Med; 319:89-94. ↩
- Ovigstad E, et al. (1983). Pelvic inflammatory disease associated with Chlamydia trachomatis infection after therapeutic abortion. Br J Vener Dis, 59: 189-92; Heisterberg L, et al. (1987). The role of vaginal secretory immunoglobulin a, gardnerella vaginalis, anaerobes, and Chlamydia trachomatis in post abortal pelvic inflammatory disease. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica, 66(2): 99-102. ↩